Ceramic Veneers in Tampa Florida
If you are unhappy with the current appearance of your smile, you have come to the right place. As prosthodontists, we here at Prosthodontics & Implant Therapy specialize in restorative and cosmetic treatments. One of our most popular procedures involves the placement of ceramic veneers.
WHAT IS A VENEER?
A dental veneer is a razor-thin, custom-designed shell that fits over the front surface of a tooth. We typically use veneers to improve the appearance of a damaged or otherwise unappealing tooth. The most common problems include teeth that are chipped, cracked, discolored, misaligned, gapped, or abnormally shaped.
These days, veneers are usually fabricated with porcelain, a ceramic material that mimics the light-reflective properties of natural enamel. Some veneers are made using composite resin, although this material is less durable and aesthetically pleasing than ceramic. Porcelain veneers are by far the best option when it comes to cosmetics.
CERAMIC VENEER PROCEDURE
During your initial consultation, your doctor will determine if you are a suitable candidate for ceramic veneers. The next step is treatment planning. At this point, be sure to ask questions and voice any concerns. Your active participation is an important part of the design process. In the end, we want you to leave our office with the smile of your dreams.
The veneer procedure is typically broken up into two or three appointments. During your first appointment, we will prepare each tooth that is need of a veneer. The number of veneers you receive depends on your desired results. Regardless, we will remove a very small amount of enamel from the front surface of the chosen teeth to accommodate the thickness of the veneer.
Once each tooth is prepared, we will take an impression of the area. Our laboratory technicians will use the impression to fabricate your ceramic veneers. This process usually takes a few weeks to complete. If your teeth are particularly unsightly, we may place a temporary restoration in the meantime.
Once your ceramic veneers are ready, we can schedule your final appointment. During this appointment, we will permanently bond the veneers to the front surface of your teeth. We use special dental cement and an ultraviolet curing light to ensure a strong bond that will last for many years.
BENEFITS OF VENEERS
There are many benefits to ceramic veneers, some of which include:
BENEFITS OF VENEERS There are many benefits to ceramic veneers, some of which include:
- Improved Aesthetics: A veneer is one of the best ways to improve the appearance of a tooth and your overall smile! We can also choose a shade that brightens your smile!
- Minimally-Invasive: Veneers are often considered a conservative alternative to full-coverage dental crowns. Crowns require a complete reshaping of your enamel.
- Durability: A ceramic veneer will generally last between seven and 15 years. With the proper care and maintenance, it may last even longer.
- Stain Resistant: Porcelain is a stain resistant material, allowing you to maintain a bright, beautiful smile while still enjoying your favorite beverages and foods.
- Biocompatibility: Gum tissue tolerates porcelain extremely well, reducing the risk of complications or allergies.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
If you would like to learn more about dental fillings, call (813) 933-6705, and schedule an appointment now!